I prefer to think of this list as Things I’m Learning instead of the Things I’ve Learned list today’s prompt suggests. It’s a work in progress; I don’t think there’s anything I know for certain as undisputed fact.
Things I’m Learning (in no particular order):
- Lebanese food is amazing. Will work for falafel.
- You never reach a point where you feel grown up and successful and have your life together. I didn’t believe adults about this for a long time because I didn’t want it to be true, but it’s not necessarily a bad thing.
- Etsy and Kickstarter are evil places where at least 60% of my paycheck goes.
- It’s okay to feel like a shit show. It’s okay to be a shit show. It’s okay to be everything you are.
- I miss being in school. If you’re currently in school, feel free to throw an encyclopedia at me because if my grad school self ever found out, she would do the same thing.
- Teleportation is probably never going to happen in my lifetime, if ever.
- Doing domestic work can be therapy. Also eating chocolate and binge-watching period dramas. I’m sure you can imagine which of these two things makes me feel better about myself.
- It has been a rollercoaster of love, hate, and apathy, but I’m really glad I’m in the library profession. Your library does a lot more for you than you may realize. 😉
- Other people being awful to you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them. I know variations of this quote have been a meme since before the days of Facebook, but I love it and need to remind myself of this almost daily.
- It’s really hard to teach a kitten to high-five.
May you never stop learning!