I’ve been a bad participant in the blogging community lately. By my count, Christa (A Voluptuous Mind) nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award nearly 3 months ago. What can I say—2016 was off to a majorly rocky start.
I really do like these Q and A type posts, though, and I appreciate the love! Here I go (at last) answering Christa’s questions:
1. Who would play you in the made-for-tv movie of your life, and why?
Ingrid Bergman so I’d have a cool Swedish accent and look effortlessly classy. HEY. There’s time for me to acquire both of those skills. Would also accept Lucy Lawless as she’s such a badass. Possibly Tina Fey as well since she’s the queen of eye rolls. Basically everyone. Can we make this an I’m Not There scenario and have a different actor for each segment?
2. If you had to be stuck in a lift with one person for 12 hours who would it be (it can be anybody, alive or dead)?
Margaret Atwood b/c she would tell the best stories. Even if I didn’t get along with her latest novel. I am SO pumped for the MaddAddam miniseries.
3. If you could only have one album on your MP3 player for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Oooooooooooooooh, I think it would have to be Elton John’s Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I never get tired of it. He goes through the entire range of emotions, and “Harmony” is one of my favorite songs in existence, and I’m still not sure if it’s a happy or sad song.
4. How do you deal with stress? (Asking for a friend)
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally badly. I am incredibly good at self-pityingly watching Youtube clips and baking cookies…for myself. As a wise woman once told me, “Pick your fucks.” I mostly refuse to get stressed about things anymore because I’m really mean to myself when I get stressed. Taking a walk actually really helps too, and giving my cat Bertha Mason a squeeze (but not too hard).
5. If you were releasing your own signature scent, what 3 ingredients would you insist on including?
Lemon, and let’s be real…cat hair. B/c it would be in there whether or not you intend it to be. Some kind of papery/book-y smell would be appropriate too since I depend on them both personally and professionally.
6. You find £50 on the street, no wallet, no witnesses – what do you do?
Keep it but feel paranoid about it for the rest of my life. Like I would probably break into a sweat every time I saw a cop car and eventually bury it like it was Jumanji.
7. What’s your greatest quality?
I am organized AF and get shit done when I set my mind to it.
8. And your worst? (In your eyes)
I loathe confrontation and will do almost anything to avoid it, including acting like a complete doormat.
9. Name 3 things you bloody love about your physical appearance – GO!
Eyebrows—I usually don’t have time to pencil them in, but when I do, I try to make them look super, super thick to an almost Wolfman level. Weird? IDGAF, I really love thick eyebrows on women.
Hair—mostly because I wash it and do very little else to it, and it still has moments of brilliance.
Calves—big and strong. Working on this one b/c I’ve never been crazy about my legs, but they literally support me, so it’s only right for me to appreciate them a bit more.
10. If you had to sleep with one of the main characters in The Big Bang Theory, who would you pick? (Leonard, Sheldon, Raj or Howard/Penny, Amy or Bernadette? The little Comic Book Guy?)
This is challenging because I find all of them quite grating. Probably Amy even though the actress is a vegan (I know…I’m trying to overcome my bigotry).
11. Are you a Belieber? (Discuss)
Not especially, but I do find “Love Yourself” ridiculously catchy. I feel the Bieb is definitely improving with age (though that’s a ridiculous statement to make about a 22-year-old).
Okay, if I have to come up with questions and nominate other bloggers, I am literally never going to post this.
Thanks, Christa, for nominating me! A little shout-out to Hayley of A Stitch to Scratch as well, definitely a major part of my blogosphere. And thank you, readers, for bearing with me.
*All images from Unsplash