Since I’ll be hiding from the sun all summer anyway, and inspired by my incredibly cool, ambitious blog wife Christa, I’m posting my summer reading list. Most of these are Humble Bundle impulse buys (once you start visiting Humble Bundle, it’s a downward spiral), book sale purchases that have been sitting too long accumulating dust, and SearchOhio/OhioLINK requests that I can’t (and won’t) stop placing.
I’m cheating a little (a lot) since (a) I’ve already started chipping away at the books on this list, and (b) 8 of these titles are graphic novels. My more significant goal is to finish reading a book a week during the summer AND actually write a damn book review for each of the books I’ll be reading.
Without further ado, here’s my book list for the summer (quite a lot of fantasy on it…something has to distract me from Democalypse 2016, no?):
- Queen of the Tearling (Erika Johansen)
- Invasion of the Tearling (Erika Johansen)
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms (N.K. Jemisin)
- The Broken Kingdoms (N.K. Jemisin)
- The Kingdom of Gods (N.K. Jemisin)
- Brighton Rock (Graham Greene)
- Crow Road (Iain Banks)
- The Mirror Thief (Martin Seay)
- The Lock Artist (Steve Hamilton)
- Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist (Sunil Yapa)
- The Passage (Justin Cronin)
- Barren Cove (Ariel S. Winter)
- The Thrilling Adventures of Lovelace and Babbage (Sydney Padua)
- Two Brothers (Gabriel Bá and Fabio Moon)
- Soldier’s Heart (Carol Tyler)
- Bitch Planet, Vol. 1: Extraordinary Machine (Kelley Sue DeConnick)
- Monstress (Marjorie Liu)
- The Infinite Loop (Pierrick Colinet and Elsa Charretier)
- Julio’s Day (Gilbert Hernandez)
- Heart of Thomas (Moto Hagio)
Btw, you can see Christa’s list here and check out book reviews on her blog!
P.S. Image via Unsplash.