This post has been sitting in my drafts folder for honestly months to years because I completely forgot to post it. I don’t think the person I stole this from is even on WordPress anymore, though admittedly I’m an extremely unreliable blog neighbor. Apologies if you’re still out there.
Either way, here goes Book Would You Rather at last!
Book Would You Rather
- Would you rather: read only trilogies or stand alones?
Standalones. I usually avoid series because I HATE. Waiting.
- Would you rather: read only female or male authors?
This one is the worst. I’m going with female because of Margaret Atwood and Charlotte Brontë, but it kills me that I can’t invite Michael Chabon to the party.
- Would you rather: shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
Amazon, for I am lazy and prefer to avoid human interaction whenever possible.
- Would you rather: all books become movies or TV shows?
TV shows because Kavalier & Clay would make the greatest show.
- Would you rather: read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
5 books/week. Especially if that would mean I just stay at home and read books all of the time.
- Would you rather: be a professional reviewer or author?
Author, but reviewer is very tempting as I do like to read and provide scathing commentary.
- Would you rather: Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven’t read before?
Always read new ones. It would be sad not to be able to revisit my favorites, but I have too many books on my TBR pile for that shit.
- Would you rather: be a librarian or book seller?
I AM a librarian. And convincing people to buy things is not my strong suit, so I’m going to stick with my career decision. Ask me tomorrow, though.
- Would you rather: only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?
Hmmmmm, as a genre denier, this is a rather difficult one for me. I’d say only my favorite genre because my favorite genre changes A LOT.
- Would you rather: only read physical books or eBooks?
Physical books. While eBooks appeal to my lazy nature, I despise staring at screens for hours on end (and fuck Paperwhite).
Feel free to participate, blog neighbors, but I hope you realize almost every one of these scenarios is a catch-22 if you love books.
3 thoughts on “Book Would You Rather”
Love this. Great answers! I’m tempted to have a go, except reading through I feel like I’d struggle to answer most of them! Like, not ever reading my favourite books again might break my heart, but never read a new book argh. Kudos for your decision making!
Though series alll the way, because I’m terrible at letting go of a story.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It was a lot of fun, but you do put yourself through much more anguish than is strictly necessary.
But seriously, male or female authors?!??! Who is the sadist who came up with these questions???