Thanks to Hayley of A Stitch to Scratch for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! She has a pretty lovely blog herself, which you should absolutely check out. One of my favorite parts of participating in Blogging 101 was coming across her blog and many other fabulous blogs!
If you Google “fdr badass shitting,” one of your search results will be my blog…so it should be obvious that this is an award-worthy blog.
In all honesty, I really do appreciate the acknowledgment and promise to refrain from (too much) self-deprecation in this post.
The rules for the One Lovely Blog Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post.
- Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform the nominees by commenting on their blog.
7 Facts You Never Knew You Wanted to Know About Me
- I love PBS, especially Arthur and Mr. Rogers. I have a love/hate relationship with Masterpiece because I DESPISE Downton Abbey.
- I have seen hell, and it is shoe shopping.
- Already listed The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay as my favorite book in my Liebster Award post. I also love most things written by Margaret Atwood, Libba Bray, and Ian McEwan.
- I love period dramas except for Pride & Prejudice. I know, I just lost you as a subscriber. However, I do love Jane Eyre (and the novel) as well as North & South.
- I started reading comics/graphic novels during undergrad, and I really enjoy them now. Jason Lutes is killing me with the extremely. Slow. Publication rate. Of Berlin.
- I feel Rango is underappreciated as a children’s movie. You should probably watch it even if your attitude towards Johnny Depp is neutral to negative.
- Baking bread is one of my favorite things to do when I’m stressed out. It’s basically just measuring flour and then beating the shit out of the dough. I may have a little bit of pent-up aggression. The Break Club is basically my dream.
Blogs I Think Are Lovely
Some of you have already been nominated for this award, but I wanted to give you a little shout-out anyway. Sorry I couldn’t think of a 15th nominee:
- When Life Gives You Melons
- Be My Intention
- Kaie Recommends
- Food for Bookworms
- 746 Books
- Musings of a Restless Mind
- A Bookworm’s Guide to Space
- Reed Read Review Entertainment Enthusiast
- Wrestling with Wanderlust
- The Solipsist
- Crafty Lady in Combat Boots
- I am Miss Bookworm
- Fannie Frankfurter
- Rosemary and Reading Glasses
Feel free to participate or not! I’ll still be your blogging neighbor either way. FOREVER. [insert ominous organ music here]